Wednesday, April 15, 2015

INSPIRATION FROM BLOGGER FRIENDS

Last summer, blogger friend Jo Anne from Ontario, Canada shared a whole bunch of embellishments with me.  Her mixed media skill is evident in these goodies. 
 One of which was a stamped piece of 'black' Lutradur....several areas had been burned which added to the lovely texture!
The package of treasures has been at the top of my 'to-do' pile for the longest time.  But....you all know how that goes!  The other day I dug out a piece of ice-dyed silk noil that hopefully would be just the right companion.


 Here's the start....  The basting lines are my guide as I plan to wrap the finished piece onto a 8" x 10" canvas.  I'm liking it so far.
Now after two days of daytime hand stitching (which I rarely do) it's NOT working.  How could I have gone so wrong?  Plan B: most of the embroidery will be removed and I'll regroup.  Oh well, it happens sometimes.....making the successes a reason for a big happy dance.  Stay tuned.....

However, it's now on hold since I'm pausing for some family time.......  

My friend Kay (check out her blog....she's an amazing artist!) sent me step by steps how to blog from my ipad...so if my older model cooperates, perhaps I'll share grandson photos.  You all want to see them I'm sure!!!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Yes, yes we will want to see pictures! Not sure why this piece isn't working...not enough contrast?? Love the Lutradur!