Monday, March 9, 2015

PRACTICE - DOESN'T MAKE IT PERFECT - YET!!!!

After several days of practice, slowly my felting making skills are improving.
The two center bowls are the most successful so far.

But...it's time to put the water/soap and wool roving away for awhile.  Our long awaited for annual PTA retreat is almost upon me.  And I'm sure since most of you have probably participated in this sort of event...you know that ultimately one ends up packing up nearly all your studio....just in case!  Grinning.....

Since we are such an enthusiastic group, always talking at once.....laughing, eating, and generally distracted from our sewing project....I've precut all the  patches for the lap quilt I'll be piecing.  Even then I'm sure to sew half of the blocks incorrectly.....

Internet access at the retreat center is sketchy (mostly not at all unless standing in one certain spot on a driveway)......so I'll be back posting when I can......

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I like the dots on the blue bowl. I know what you mean about packing up the whole studio. It always sounds like a good idea when I sign up for a retreat, a bad idea when I'm packing, thinking "why did I sign up for this". But a good idea once again when on the retreat! Have a wonderful time.

Linda M said...

The bowls are looking good! Have a great retreat.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Maybe not perfect but I'm guessing your first quilting projects weren't either. ;-) Lovely little collection. Add that tan and rust bowl to the black & white for ones I like best. Have fun, as I know you will!