Friday, September 12, 2014

I LEFT SOME QUILTS IN MD & DE!!

Among the many highlights of my teaching trip is the food.  Both groups so thoughtfully arranged dinners at interesting restaurants.....  We are quilters after all......food is always on our minds!
My first experience at a Persian restaurant......it tasted as good as it looks.
With lots of giggling on my last night, I was told we'd be going to "Wrinkles".....Hummm...what a strange name for a restaurant.  Well...it was the nickname the group calls this establishment due to all the seniors who eat here beginning at 4:00 PM.  


I'm all smiles and so are the new owners of a number of my pieces. I'll admit to having separation pangs, but in my heart, with my retirement getting closer and closer, it's a necessary step.....made easier seeing the happy keepers of these designs.






 I'll conclude with this picture of Casey and myself......

5 comments:

Nina Marie said...

First of all I want to say that Food is my drug of choice. With that - the quality of the dinners can make or break a quilting vacation for me - grin! Also - had a giggle because we lovingly call my husband's great aunties - "The Wrinkle" (although its not as funny at 50 as it was at 25 when we started doing it - LOL) Your class looks like it great!

Norma Schlager said...

Too funny! We have a "Wrinkles" in my home town, too. It looks like you had a great time.

margaret said...

good to see you enjoyed the Persian food, my ex boss is Armenian and the food is so very similar,he grew up in Iran his Mum used to cook us great dinners My mouth can still water over some of her dishes

Nancy said...

Persian food? Looks good. How nice that you shared your work with the guild members- they look happy indeed.

Robbie said...

I love the button and bear piece!! How adorable...food looks good to...love 'wrinkles'!