Tuesday, August 13, 2013

PATCHWORK PUTTERING - PART 2

Admittedly, I'm not much of a piecer......I was in the past, but not so much now.  Therefore, big blocks that deliver big impact are my choice for patchwork.  Click here to see part 1 of the making of this quilt.
 Also, being an "A" type, very organized personality....I'm not comfortable sitting and stitching block after block without assigning them their 'place'.  I decided to make only a few blocks at a time....positioning as I went along.  Of course that's not the most efficient way to sew but it works for me.
And in no time....the lap quilt blocks were made.  Yes, I did rearrange some!
Straight line horizontal quilting on my home machine completes this commission piece.  Okay, I'll admit....I had fun....

3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

And it looks good!

Nanette said...

I love this. So fun.

The Inside Stori said...

Thank you Sheila....your research helps us to remember....really...new 'trends' are most often based on old themes!