Saturday, December 3, 2011

PINE NEEDLES - NEW WORK

It's been a wonderful week with lots of studio time.  I'm multi-tasking on several projects.  This one is the farthest along.....

I've been hoarding some of the felted wool that was dyed during one of our Fiber Junkie's activity days. An idea to feature this particular piece has been brewing......



Our daily 'forced marches' get me outside for long periods of time (longer than I'd like to be honest with you!)  Luckily, our scenery is so inspiring and ever changing I'm not bored....just tired.  (Walking 90 mins. daily can do that do a gal.)  These pine needles, acorn caps and other interesting buds and sticks got my attention.  Next thing I knew, a small collection began.

I feared they'd dry out and wouldn't be usable in my work so I covered them several times lightly with a protective film.

After examining the felted wool, I decided to use just a portion of it.  Liking the uneven edges, I duplicated the look by wetting the wool, then stretching/pulling the cut top edge to provide the same appearance.


Now it's play time.  Here some of my treasures are being auditioned....more tomorrow.....

No comments: